Sunday, December 10, 2006

Another Year Older And...


So, I am a little bit older and feel maybe just a little bit wiser - I guess that is the name of the game right? Thinking back over the past year I have seen some the the biggest and proudest moments of my life along with some of the most profoundly sad and disheartening. As a friend of mine oftne says, it is all about balance... one part of your life swings up and the other swings down - it all keeps you in balance. Sometimes that is tough to handle though. You just want it all to run smoothly just for a little while.

I just finished watching A Prairie Home Companion and what a strange little movie that is. Full of incredible talent and despite her latest fumbles, Lindsay Lohan manages to pull of a decent performance next to some of the biggest talent out there in Hollywood. I'm certainly not a big fan of hers, but she manages to do okay.

Thant's not the point though. There is a number about two-thirds of the way through the movie - a song to Mama that is really really beautiful. Just a sweet reminder of someone lost to you who meant a great deal... That number alone makes the movie worth seeing.

On the lighter side, I have begun my Holiday shopping. The tree is up and almost fully decorated. I decided to to light blue and silver this year. I change the colours every year and of course that means I have literally crates of ornaments. I love doing it. It's a little hard to be doing without that someone here but it is okay.

I've got a very posh and I'm sure divined Christmas party to attend tomorrow evening and I have the outfit all planned. I'm hoping for some cute boys there and maybe a little bit of flirting and fun. I know the party planner from my work and his events have seem to have quite a reputation. I guess we'll see....I'll be looking for the boy above. Happy Holidays indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home