Thursday, November 09, 2006

Results Finally....


So, the election results were heartening. Finally that total jackpot in the Whitehouse is not going to have a completely blank slate when it comes to his agenda. It gives me back a little bit of hope in the USA - that maybe things can get turned around. I realize how it usually works with the backlash always happening right before a period of major change... but this one was getting tough to wait out. I'm glad the Dems have control. I just hope that they can be less political and more real just for a few minutes each day... I remain hopeful.

I'm also seriously looking forward to this weekend. My first Saturday off in god knows how long and I plan to enjoy myself. A friend who has been having a tough time of late needs his spirits lifted so I am going to try to get him to come out and get drunk tomorrow night.

I also got news that a dear friend is coming to visit before Christmas. I can't wait to see her. She has been fighting with her daughter (fighting in a support kind of way) to battle Anorexia. Seriously bad stuff and she almost died (the daughter). I guess something like Anorexia is just another of those things that is beyond my grasp of understanding. I'm glad she is doing well and recovering, although I understand it is a long long process.

An interesting day at work. I met lots of regional people in for a big conference, many of whom I have spoken to over the phone several times. It was nice to put a face to the voices. Although to be completely honest I was hoping for more cute men... I think I am just about the youngest guy there. Gave me reason to pause and think...

So, here's to an exciting and hopefully eventful weekend. Despite my missing a man to share it with I remain optimistic as usual. Something like the pic would do just fine :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home