Monday, October 16, 2006

Fall in NYC...


I'm in kind of a romantic mood of late... of course I don't have anyone to get romantic with right now but that doesn't seem to stop my mind from wandering. I think that it has a lot to do with the weather. I love New York in the Fall. There is something about this city that seems to come alive this time of year.

The summer here is so oppressive - the heat makes it almost unbearable. Anyone with any sense and any money manages to escape this place during the worst of it. The rest of us are just left here to suffer and endure the sweating misery on the subway.

But that all comes to an end when Fall arrives. I get to pull out my favorite clothes and all of my jackets and scarves. My mom knit me the most amazing scarves last year for my store and I have a few left over. They are these huge chunky knit wool scarves that I sold for a fortune in my store and the look fantastic. I can't wait to have them out and wear them around town. I want to put on some of my fav clothes and sit outside on a patio somewhere and just enjoy the city. I went to Gym Bar last week and they have this tiny little patio area out front and even standing out there (once the smokers were gone) was nice in the cool evening air...

And of course there is Central Park. Central Park in the Fall is truly amazing and even though I am not as close to it as I once was I try to get up there to see the leaves and walk around in that crisp air at least once or twice.... such romantic notions.... I guess I have love on my mind.... and boys... makes me want to wake up to the picture above every morning.

On a sadder note, I may lose a family member that I have been very close to in the coming days. My grandmother, who is in her mid-nineties is not doing very well and a call from my mother let me know that it may only be a few more days. I had such a nice visit with her a little over a week ago when I went home for a few days and I am so glad that I did. She has always been very important to me and we were very close when I was growing up. I grew up on the farm next door to her's and spent a part of almost every single day there for years... she always had the most beautiful home. So many great memories there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home