Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nervous Nelly... And I Still Have Sore Feet!



When I said I wanted to curse those damn Italian Shoemakers I wasn't kidding. I have literally been hobbled by an expensive new pair of dress shoes. As a result I have been wandering around Manhattan in the rain in sandals because the backs of my feet are so sore. Right, enough complaining about it.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. So much so that I don't think I am going to get much sleep tonight. I have to make an appearance in court. This is an entirely new thing for me. The landlord that subleased my store's property to me is... well, let's just say not terribly grounded in morals or ethics. As I hear many New York landlords are. So, we are having a bit of a dispute. The resolution of which will determine how soon I get to relocate and how fabulous it is going to be (it's all about money of course). Clearly I am in the right and let's just hope that the judge thinks so as well. Fingers crossed.

I started to introduce the cast of characters that I worked with at my old school and as it turns out I had dinner with a former colleague this evening. We had been out of touch for about six months or so because of various drama in both of our lives and it was amazing to re-connect. She is one of the very few teachers that I encountered in my time at my old school that has my undying admiration and complete respect when it comes to teaching. She did an amazing job when the odds were clearly stacked against her. So as with all conversations involving more than one teacher the conversation eventually turned to our old haunt and wow, I almost begin to forget some of the madness and then it all comes rushing back to me... I will have to introduce more cast members soon.

For now I would like to comment on a story posted on one of my fav blogs (towleroad). The story is about an Inn in Meade Kansas and if you have not heard of what is going on there please read this
and then the update on today's Towleroad talks about how Fred Phelps and his gang of fucking nutjobs was protesting in front of this Inn recently. I tell ya there is nothing, absolutely nothing that disgust me more that than piece of shit Fred Phelps. What a son-of-a-bitch. He is one of the very few people on this planet that I sincerely wish would just drop dead.

However, as a result of his little Crazy Protest I am actually considering a short vacation to Meade Kansas to stay at this Inn and spend some serious cash there to support them. This is a straight couple who have taken up a very big fight and I think that the gay community should organize a big, no huge trip en masse to Meade Kansas to spend lots of money at this Inn and make it hugely successful. Anyone who is interested in going is welcome to email me here and we can work out details. I'll make the arrangements... I'm not kidding... let's go!

So in honour of the Westboro Baptist Church and Fred Phelps here is a picture of a hot gay guy that I would love to do a bunch of sinful things to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bloooog said...

Ooh court that should be interesting. G'luck! So what's in Meade, Kansas?

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home