Monday, August 21, 2006

What an Odd Day...


A million things going on today and I didn't even go into work. I just couldn't sleep in as hard as I tried this morning and so I spent some time posting some old stereo equipment and electronics from my old office on e-bay. That whole place is a little fishy to me... so many people with so much crap to unload.

So, it was a quick trip to the gym and then a friend and I spent an hour or so soaking up some sun in Battery City Park. It's this beautiful little sliver of green on the southern tip of Manhattan. Gorgeously manicured lawns and a little bit of cruisy fun going on. Cute guys in swimsuits sweatin it up in the sun. Always my favorite (see pic above).

Then it was back home to take care of some business. I had to officially resign from the old/new job so I can get ready to start the new/new job tomorrow morning. I am excited and nervous... maybe that's why this day seems weird. So, I capped it off with an episode of Sex in The City that makes me cry at the end. What a pussy eh? It's the one where Trey comes in to pose for the H&G shoot even though he has just told Charlotte that the marriage is over. I just love when he tells her "this is important to you so I want to do it". Ah, where are those guys? Seriously. Where is a guy who can talk about the world from an informed point of view, who can joke about the nonsensical things that fill up our lives, who loves beautiful clothes/shoes, who wants passion? Ah, what am I thinking?

And now where am I? Sitting here thinking about all of that and anticipating tomorrow and knowing that a big day is coming up on Wed. and I will not be able to be a part of it... can't talk about that now.

Questions questions questions - I guess it's all a little much eh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tay Hota said...

oh, I love that episode... makes me do the little inward gasp at the end... god I miws that friggin show...

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home