Thursday, August 03, 2006

What a Day, What a Night, What a Day...


So I will start with good news... and congratulations me! My job offer finally came through and with a few more perks than I was originally expecting in the first offer. I will be starting with this new company on Monday and might I just say Thank Whoever cause I was about to lose it in the job hunt category.

Of course when it rains it pours right? On the day I get an offer another headhunter calls and wants me to come in for another interview. I'll go and see what they have to say. It can't hurt right?

In other news, I am finally back in my gorgeous apartment. I love this place and being away for the summer was hard. It was by choice though. I was having serious trouble staying healthy in terms of the breakup and all of the negativity that was created there so I sublet the place for June and July and went on the road basically. I have to say that it was an adventure and some friends were more hospitable than I could possibly have imagined. Their willingness to open up their homes for me when I am struggling through such a difficult time has been an amazing thing and I will always be indebted to them.

It feels good to be back here now though. It is still hard and I can sense The Ex everywhere. A part of me wants him here and knows that it doesn't feel quite right without him near me. Last night was particularly tough as I was going through closets and making room for new things... throwing away some of the old. I miss him - tremendously.

But, tomorrow is another day and I am heading out to the gym in the morning and going to water the garden that I keep for a client uptown. It is this cool little thing that I have been doing for years. I grow most of her food for her as she has very specific dietary needs. I love doing it and she needs it done so it works out really well. I think it's the farm boy in me that enjoys it so much. It is nice to keep something green alive in this city that is so much concrete and pavement.

I'm gonna try to get some more sun tomorrow too if the extreme heat does not deter me. I love laying out in my new swimsuit and working on the tan.

I am trying to relish sleeping in right now especially with thoughts of heading back to work... hence the pic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tay Hota said...

so, how is/ was the first day?!?!?

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home