Saturday, August 19, 2006

I Got It! And Then I Got Drunk...


Okay so some celebrating was in order yesterday as I finally got an offer from the job that I had been after for the past few months. I got it - it's good - I start next week..... YAY!

I do feel bad about one thing though. The DM who recruited me for the job that I have been working for the past few weeks worked so hard to get me and the company literally created a new position in order to bring me on. She is very talented and driven and I admire that and was looking forward to working with her. I think we shared similar visions. So, having to tell her that I was jumping ship after such a short time was not the most pleasant thing. But true to form she did not take it personally and hope that we would remain professional contacts for the future. I was very impressed. She has got class ( a somewhat rare commodity these days).

So I am totally excited and can't wait to get into it. Of course this means another round of training for me (most of it redundant) but that is totally fine and I will work through it with a huge smile on my face.

Back to the celebrations. Well, my friend and I had some yummy cocktails here at home and then headed out to the bars last night. Things may have gotten a little out of hand here and there but it was all in good fun. Note I didn't say "good clean fun"... Yeah, I think we got a little dirty. Everyone needs to now and then. I am a bit foggy on the details but I do remember a guy with the tightest little butt I have ever laid hands on...

Needless to say we are taking it easy tonight and hopefully heading out to see The Illusionist.

What I would love more than anything is to head to the beach (see pic above) but I think they are saying rain for NYC tomorrow. That always means a day indoors... bummer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new gig!

3:48 AM  
Blogger Noe said...

Off The Record Loves You!!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Tay Hota said...

sounds like sooo much fun... wann ahear more about the possesor of this little butt... and what type of work will you now be doing?

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home