Monday, November 20, 2006

Too Busy To Notice...


So I finally have a bit of time to sit back and take a look at things. Work seems to have settled in a somewhat comfy routine. I am enjoying it and receiving some long overdue praise ( a special moment today was nice) and my life appears to be leveling out a little.

I almost didn't want to write those words. It's like those moments on soap operas when someone says "everything will be okay now" or "we'll be together forever - nothing will separate us now". Of course it is silly of me to think that the rocky times are over. I have a lot of work to do to clean up the mess that has been created over the past year and although I have had some moments to relax a little, I still have a lot of work to do.

But it does seem as though a little bit of the fog has lifted and that gives me reason to pause and stop and think about things... I think it has a little bit to do with the time of year as well. I'm always more reflective this time of year and as utlra cheesey as it may sound I have a ton of things to be grateful for. With all of the tough stuff has come a wealth of good things too (how Martha of me).

Speaking of Martha, I have to call up a recipe of hers some time tomorrow. I am making a bacon-wrapped turkey for Thanksgiving dinner and need her expertise. She rocks and I admire her drive. Now the only thing I need is a boy to share in the festivities with...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home