Friday, March 30, 2007

Such An Ordeal...


So, can I just say what an ordeal it is to find a cool guy in NYC? Why when there are so many men here is it so difficult to do?

Of course having said that I have to fill in after a long vacation from writing here...

The previous post was about meeting a boy and as I mentioned some of the obstacles that appeared seemed as though they may be too difficult to get around. Well, indeed they were. Not only was I struggling with the whole concept of dating someone new, but he had his own thing going on and I wasn't up for the workshop that it appeared to be developing into. He was 40 and I hope by that age I am in better shape in terms of my own understanding of who I am and where I am headed... let's hope anyway.

I wanted to post a quote here that I found a few weeks ago. It is from Emerson, who I only vaguely knew of before, and still don't know that much about, but it really encompasses how I try to live my life. It's not perfect by any means, but here it is nonetheless:

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

That's it... that's all of it. That is what life should be about.... that, and cute boys ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Oregon's Superhero said...

YOU OK?
Haven't heard from you in AGES!
Tiersa

4:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home